If like many companies you usually hire access vehicles, it is time to consider the benefits of long-term contract rental. There are many advantages of contract rental over short-term hire. And while ownership is another option, this can be costly and time-consuming. In this post, we outline the key benefits of contract rental for cherry pickers, boom lifts, and scissor lifts.
Benefits of long-term contract rental
Choosing to rent access vehicles on a long-term basis has many benefits. Below, we outline some of the key advantages of contract rental over short-term hire and ownership:
- The first benefit is safety. Having a specialist manage your cherry picker reduces the chance of accidental injury and subsequent claims.
No maintenance costs
- You avoid having to undertake vehicle servicing yourself. And you avoid paying for third-party maintenance services.
- Gain a guaranteed ‘thorough examination’, as accredited by the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment (LOLER) body.
Plug gaps in operational capability
- Long-term rental of boom lifts ensures you can keep working without any down-time.
- You get dedicated customer support and gain cover for wear and tear of the vehicle (provided the platform is used as intended).
A great economical option
- You do not have to pay a large outlay cost for equipment. Month-to-month payments make contract rental affordable.
The problems with access vehicle ownership
Although you may consider access vehicle ownership, this is often not the best option. For one thing, you need to consider all the safety aspects of cherry picker ownership: regular inspections, conducting maintenance, and the costs this can involve.
It is also worth mentioning that the initial outlay to purchase an access vehicle is extremely expensive. In nearly all cases, this can run into many thousands of pounds, far exceeding the cost of most standard vehicles.
Popular boom lift rental products
The Ascendant 22m is a versatile and dependable access vehicle with a reach height of 22m and maximum lift capacity of 7,500kg. It has a platform height of 3.5m, horizontal outreach of 17m, and cage rotation of 160°.
Ruthmann TK310 is a suitable option if you require increased cage rotation since it offers up to 450° motion. This model has a maximum lift capacity of 200kg and a horizontal outreach of 17.90m. It weighs approximately 7.5 tonnes.
The T630 from Ruthmann provides a tall reach height of 63m, making it a reliable choice for less accessible tasks. The access platform has a lift capacity of 600kg and a horizontal outreach of 39m. The cage rotation has up to 180° motion.
Visit ACS Access for access vehicle contract rental
At ACS Access, we provide long-term contract rental of high-quality truck mounted access platforms and boom lifts. Our professional team has great experience in the industry and can suggest suitable cherry pickers for a wide range of tasks. Visit our website and get in touch with us today to see how we can help.